Thursday, February 7, 2013

Calming Down

Now that the holidays and birthdays are over with, things are finally settling down.  I can spend all my time kissing and loving on the kids again. Well, maybe not, but at least my stress level has significantly decreased.

It also helps that Simon is soooo much easier. He's getting stronger and more interested in his surroundings. He smiles a lot and giggles once in a while.  He's the perfect size in my arms.  I call him "the snuggler" sometimes.  Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.  

Si tried out the exersaucer for the first time. He was a bit small so we stuffed some blankets in there with him. I love how chubby his neck looks in this picture.
 Simon has gotten to experience naked time.  He was a fan.

 Mina is even more nuts for Simon now that he smiles.  She can pick him up into sitting position for a nice squeeze.

 He's an old pro at the exersaucer now.

 This gorgeous outfit is on loan from a friend.


 Simon was putting up with Mina while she blew on his belly.


I'm sort of dreading next week since that's the week that Jon will be gone for a few days.  We have a lot planned so hopefully time will pass quickly.  At least I'll be able to watch whatever I want at night.  Too bad Duck Dynasty doesn't have new episodes until later in the month.

I've been spending a lot of time at the gym.  Yesterday I was asked if I lost all my baby weight and I was happy to be able to say that I have.  Now I need to put down the peanut butter M & M's and work on those last ten pounds I'd still like to lose.  I've added running and zumba in with my regular exercise.  Running sucks, but zumba is fun. I'm a terrible dancer so I just laugh and try my best.  That's a great improvement in my attitude.  Simon loves to be in kid care and watches all of the kids around him.  Sometimes I go in to pick him up and he's getting a good snuggle in with the workers.  They've told me how wonderful he is repeatedly so that makes it really easy to take an hour to exercise.

On the other hand, I've been overscheduling some of my days. It got to the point that I had to think long and hard about when I'd have time to get gas in the van.  The fuel light was on, but I had kids to drop off, Simon to feed, a gym class to get to, etc.  I've started getting groceries at 6am just to avoid bringing the kids along.  It's an adjustment, but it's getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment