Saturday, April 27, 2013

April

Between injuries and events, it's been a busy month.  Mina went with Milo and family to Pheasants Forever. Twinsies!
Simon has been working on some skills. He can sit up (better than pictured here now). He can roll, but chooses not to in general. He says dadada all the time.  He continues to want to be held most of the time, but he enjoys his exersaucer sometimes.
 Easter happened. We dyed eggs and went to church. The kid had lots of candy.
 Mina and Charlotte both wore beautiful dresses and refused to pose properly.
Charlotte sprained her wrist and we took her to urgent care. Mina broke her arm and didn't get taken to the doctor until after this picture was taken and we realized just how gross her arm looked. She was in a splint for a week and used a sling for three weeks.
 Mina also lost another tooth. She loved messing with it before it finally wiggled out.
I finally took some decent pictures of Simon in his nursery. I was pretty pleased with the outcome.  By the time I figure out how to use my camera better, he won't stay still or pose I'm sure.
 Nothing like some finger sucking at nap time.  I'm jealous!
I went through all my closets and drawers and got rid of a ton of clothes. See the heap behind me?  Many of my clothes were too big or too old. I'm now ten pounds less than I was when I got pregnant with Simon and about five pounds less than I was when I got pregnant with Mina. I exercise a lot. That's the key to weight loss for me. Jon had to take a picture of me when I tried on my prom dress for fun.
 The kids love to listen to music and snuggle after baths. There's nothing like clean kids.
Charlotte is so adorable that it keeps me under control when she's soooo naughty.  You've gotta take the good with the bad with her.  She's really, really good...
Sometimes Simon puts up with playing with his sisters. They were busy with barbies so he got to hang out in peace.
It finally stopped being crappy outside so we went to a park play date.  The snow this year has been ridiculous. It shouldn't snow in April!
I can now pretty much leave Mina and Charlotte to their own devices at the park and tend to Simon. That makes me really happy.
This is the Charlotte that makes my heart surge. She's such a joy.
We had a mysterious poop incident occur while Simon was wearing these pants. Somehow he filled his diaper and socks with poop and completely bypassed his pants.  How in the world did that happen? I'll never know.
I have probably five different baby wearing devices. Most of them are hippy approved, but he prefers the hip and spine killing Baby Bjorn. Hey, whatever makes the kid happy.  Jon was wiping out the the ever present poop from the baby swing.
 At least Jon cooperated for the camera.
Charlotte participated in the United All Stars open house last night and wasn't shy in front of the huge crowd. We were so proud of her. She did somersaults and was adorable.  The pictures are on my phone and I'm lazy so we'll see if they ever make it onto the blog.  We'll save the video.  Mina didn't get to perform since her arm has just healed. Bummer. She's awesome at cartwheels and flips (though she DID break her arm doing a cartwheel).

My other big news is that I'm currently training for a 5k on June 1st.  I know it's only 3.1 miles, but I've never been a runner.  My goal is to run the whole thing and to finish under 35 minutes. I'll keep running until I can run a 5k under 30 minutes or I hate it too much to continue.  So far I don't hate it entirely, as long as I go slowly. Jon and I have been running together on Sundays. He has to go at about half his normal speed, but at least we're spending time together.  Yesterday I ran a 5k on the treadmill within my training program and easily made it under 40 minutes with plenty of walking (because I was following my intervals; I could have kept running).

No comments:

Post a Comment