Thursday, January 26, 2012

Conversation

People that know my family know that we're talkers. My kids definitely carry on that gene. I can't get a moment of peace in the car when Mina is in there. It's one conversation after another. In fact, most of the conversations are challenging.

For instance, today she was "married" in preschool. Her teacher informed me of her nuptials when I picked her up.  I asked Mina about it and she told me all the details, down to her dress. She also told me that Brayden is the daddy and she's the mommy. Apparently in her sweet world, anyone that gets married will automatically have children someday.  Mina thinks the opposite is true also. She's been bugging me for a baby brother or sister simply because she wants to go to our wedding.

Okay, back to the preschool parking lot. Since she had to tell me all about her husband/baby daddy, she also had to point out the girl that stinks. Awesome.  I asked her for more details and Mina made sure to tell me that she doesn't tell the girl that she stinks. Phew! She said she smells like smoke. I made some comment about smoke being stinky, but little kids can't help it if their parents smoke.  Mina then had to tell me that people die from smoking. Crap. Any time she gets going talking about dying, I know it's going to get weird.

Today was no different. She asked me why our bodies are put in the ground. How does God take our souls to heaven? Can we drive to heaven to ask God? Can we die even if we don't smoke? Those are just a few of the hard-hitting questions Mina had for me today. It's a good thing I have all the answers. :P  It's also a good thing that the drive from school to the gym is only five minutes so the conversation had to end quickly.

Charlotte is trying to work on her conversational skills. She's recently learned, "MOVE!" and says it at the appropriate time.  I'm so proud of her for expanding beyond, "GO AWAY!" Oh, and she's really good at lifting the flaps in Mina's potty book and exclaiming, "POOP!"  What a little lady.

Charlotte also pooped when I took her to the pool yesterday. That wasn't cool.  At least we had fun before "the incident". She loves bobbing around in her puddle jumper and I love not having to worry about her so much.  I'm a nervous nelly with water since I almost drowned a few times while growing up.

Oh, and I do have some birthday pictures, but they aren't ready to share yet. We just got a new computer so my photo software isn't installed yet. Can you believe we were still using the computer I had in my teaching days? It was eight years old.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man my head hurts thinking of good answers to Mina. I'm "that" mom who changes the subject and asks them to spot birds or red cars as we drive by :/ We once had a discussion on the moon and Evan went into elaborate detail about "taking an airplane to the moon and who all would live with us on our crater." I feel for you about the poop in the pool...Jacob has that skill down to a science ;)

    ReplyDelete