Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Evidence

 Sometimes I seem like I've got it all together. I know exactly where I stand when it comes to parenting and life and get it "right" much of the time (according to some and all wrong according to others in the parenting debates). I cloth diaper, did homemade baby food, extended rear facing with car seats, blah, blah, blah.  I'm definitely not perfect though.  There's even photographic proof!

Exhibit 1: I take pictures of my naked children and post them on the Internet.  Not only that, but said naked child may or may not be standing and about to dive into the tub.  She could get injured.  What a great photo opportunity!  Fortunately, I didn't take a picture after this same naked child pooped in the dangerous tub.  How uncivilized are we?

 Exhibit 2: I'm willing to put a choke hold on a baby in order to steal a kiss. How awful is that?  Charlotte is not very generous with her loving unless I'm watching TV or it's time for her to go to bed. She'll sit on my lap and watch cartoons with her mouth open zombie style sometimes for as long as I'll let her.  She'll kiss as much as I want in order to delay bed time. I attempted a smooch out of those parameters here so the strong arming tactics had to be used.
Exhibit 3:  I let my oldest daughter, Mina, jump from her desk to her bed. Not only that, but I had her do it again so I could get a better picture of it.  She isn't allowed to do this during nap time or bed time, but other than that, jump away! Please don't use this one against me when she breaks her arm or leg. She had fun, darn it.  She also jumps off of the couch and any semi-stable object she can get on top of.
 Exhibit 4: Mina has her own camera, but we let her run around with the "real" camera.  Don't tell my insurance agent (AKA Dad).  I do believe that toddler mishaps are covered under our personal articles policy.  This was her self portrait. I could also share the 50 pictures she took of her books.
 Exhibit 5: Mina got photo proof of the crap that Charlotte eats sometimes. Here she is eating a blueberry pop tart and a turkey meat stick. I doubt you'll ever see a picture of Charlotte eating a vegetable. I do offer them and then she offers them to the dog. At least Mina eats veggies (maybe because I was still trying hard when she was young).
 Exhibit 6: Mina likes to copy me and is ready to kick and punch in this picture.  She's seen my kickboxing gloves and she's ready to go for the title. I really hope she doesn't try any of my moves on the playground!
 Exhibit 7: Hey, there's nothing wrong with this one. Isn't Charlotte just adorable?
 She can even do baby yoga.
 Exhibit 8: I took a picture of everyone doing a bridge and didn't let Jon take a picture of me doing a bridge. I'm awesome at doing bridges. Really awesome. I can't stand to look at my body in pictures though. It sends me into a downward spiral. Isn't that sad?  I work out 5-6 times a week, but still focus on my midsection pudge instead of my strength.
 Exhibit 9: On a less serious note, who takes pictures like this with their child and husband? Me.
Exhibit 10: This one's about perfectionism in life, not in parenting. It took me a month to finally hang these canvases I made because I was so worried about getting them lined up perfectly. I gave up and they look good enough. So there!

Finally, I thought I'd share my new hairdo for fun.  My hair was a little long and I had some roots so I brought in some pictures and my stylist did a great job. Sleek, shiny, and wonderful. I even like wearing cute barrettes while I workout now to keep my bangs out of my eyes.  Here's the before and after front view.
Here's the before and after back view. 
Charlotte turns 2 this weekend so I'm spending the rest of the week forming cake and brownie balls and decorating them. Yum!  I'll take some pictures when I have them all done.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, even I, the perfect mother let my child jump off his kitchen, from the couch to the coffee table and back... well, I don't let him, he does it and resistance really is futile

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I totally do EVERYTHING you typed here...does this mean I'm perfect too? If so YES I have arrived ;) I'm so glad my children aren't the only ones catapulting themselves off, on, andover things...though I did have to put a stop to "lets see if I can jump over Braden!" That pic of naked Charlotte just KILLS me!!!! That face is awesome!

    ReplyDelete