Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finding My Voice

I've been blogging in my daughters' voices for the last four years and I've forgotten how to write anything but completely cheesy silliness. However, I'm soooo sick of trying to keep up with two blogs. I decided it was time to be me again....imperfections and all.

You really shouldn't expect a lot out of me. I'm not a writer. My life isn't every exciting. I tend towards either stewing over things or bragging about sunshine and rainbows.  My main reason for blogging is to keep a record of what's going on in our life. Every year I print the blogs into yearbooks. My kids love to look back. I'd never be able to keep such a detailed baby book if it wasn't on the computer.

I said I'd start this blog in the new year and we're one week in. What held me back? My perfectionism reared its ugly head. It bothers me that I don't have a focus for my blog and I can't figure out how to edit my background the way I'd like. I'm frustrated. I despise Google Chrome. I wonder why I'm even bothering to blog at this point.

I need to keep it simple and remember my focus.


Oh, and here's a conversation with Mina for your entertainment.
Me: I'm going upstairs to get your sissy because it sounds like she's awake.
Mina: Okay, just make sure you bring her down naked.
Me: Why?!
Mina: So I can look at her cute body.

You can look forward to lots of gross posts in the future now that Charlotte has entered potty learning mode. Also, Mina has been uncharacteristically naughty for the last week.  I'll try not to complain about her too much since she'll be reading this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment