Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Feeling Sentimental

I just wrote the final blog entries for the girls' blogs. I have to admit I shed a few tears when I finished with Mina's post. Her blog helped us stay connected with the family when we lived far away. I loved posting on her blog throughout the years. I was so excited to share the pictures and stories. It never felt like a chore.

I never really got into the groove of it after Charlotte was born. There. I admitted it. My focus on the blogs was split. It was difficult to figure out how to post about holidays. A post on each? A post on one and then the other skipped that holiday? It was confusing. It was frustrating. I love my sweet Charlotte to pieces, but her blog really threw a wrench into my well-oiled machine. I hope this blog fixes that.

I've had a fantastic day. My mother-in-law takes the girls for me every other Wednesday. I use that day to regroup. That means generating and completing to-do lists, running errands, and very rarely sitting down. I sat today...at least for a bit, until I made myself come and blog. I even watched part of a Lifetime movie and ate some popcorn. It was glorious (not the movie though, it totally sucked).  Sometimes I need to just slow down a bit.

Yesterday was crazy. I spent a good chunk of time looking for "Pinky". Pinky is Charlotte's snuggle blanket. She has two. She was only missing one so it wasn't a major emergency. However, I am very vigilant about Pinky. What if we couldn't find one when it was time to sleep? The horror! Anyway, after hours of looking around here and there (because I couldn't look constantly while still mothering the two girls), I found it under a pile of winter clothing in a walk-in closet in the playroom. Of course. That little bugger hid it under there like a squirrel with an acorn or a dog with a bone. She's going to be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment